Even though Access Nepal Tours and Trekking always prioritizes reducing any associated risks, getting involved in any sort of walking, trekking, climbing and mountaineering activities are adventures that come with inherent risks associated to weather and can result to extreme injuries as well as death. It is important to understand these risks before you chose to buy our services.
This section contains important information regarding the terms and conditions you agree to with Access Nepal Tours and Trekking once you choose to book with us. Please note that these terms and conditions are the legal basis of your relationship with Access Nepal Tours and Trekking and it is essential that you read and understand them carefully.
1. All the bookings are made with Access Nepal Tours and Trekking, which is a registered company in Nepal (hereinafter referred to as AN). The office is located in Bhagwati Bahal, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. The term "trip" used in the website refers to all itineraries described herein including those which might otherwise be known as walking, tours, treks, trips, sightseeing, climbing, mountaineering, expeditions or holidays.
3. During the booking 20% of the total payable amount must be paid to AN as a non-refundable booking deposit and the amount is payable per person. Booking deposit can be made by bank transfer or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard).
4. The remaining amount is payable to AN upon your arrival in Kathmandu. If final payment is not received 2 days before of your departure, cancellation conditions will apply as per the clause below. Final trip documentation will be released upon full trip payment.
5. If you wish to make the payment via Credit Card, 4% sur-charge will be levied to the payable amount by the bank processing the charges. This is applicable to all payments related to deposits, final payments, trip extension costs and the likes. This charge is imposed by Alpine Travel Service, a Credit Card payment service provider. That extra 4% sur-charge is partly used to provide costumer protection in accordance with the terms and conditions related to the Credit Card in question.
6. Trip cancellation date refers to the date on which AN will receive your written trip cancellation application. Canceling your trip will result in the loss of the money you paid for booking and this also applies for all sorts of reservations you make. If you cancel your trip 30 days prior to your trip departure date, you are entitled to a refund of the money you paid minus any applicable taxes and service charges.
7. No refunds will be made if you voluntarily leave a trip for after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of AN if you are forced to leave a trip due to health or family reasons. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized. These conditions are subject to change.
8. AN reserves the right to cancel any trip you booked. A trip is guaranteed to run once it has two fully paid travelers, unless minimum numbers states otherwise.
9. If AN cancels a guaranteed departure trip, you will get a full refund of the cost you paid. Alternately, you are also entitled to take another trip with AN and/or postpone the trip without any additional cost. A provision to AN reserves full right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, prior to departure due to reasons beyond its' control (natural disasters, flight cancellation, consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, illness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences). In such cases, AN will refund the full trip price.
10. All amendments and cancellation fees apply only to trips listed on this site. A cancellation of a trip constitutes as 'Cancellation' as per above. If you wish to change your booking in any way, the following fees will apply.
12. Changes to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip booking (e.g. hotels, transfers, etc) and reservation will incur an administration fee of US$20.00 per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators and/or airlines.
13. It may not be possible to make any amendments to your booking within 10 days of departure. Fees for late changes will vary from a minimum of US$50.00 upward per booking, if the change can be made.
14. You being insured against any medical and/or accident risks is the precondition for you being able to buying and enjoying our trekking holidays. The insurance must include medical coverage, coverage against accidents, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services. Additionally, we also recommend you to take buy cancellation insurance. It is your responsibility to make it sure that your insurance policies provide adequate protection and covers you properly throughout your trip.
15. You must carry along with you some proof of your insurance in the form of, for example, your insurance certificate. Inability to do so will lead to you being disallowed to continue with your program at the same time does not make you entitled to any refunds whatsoever. Insurance can be done after arriving in Kathmandu as well, but AN does not recommend that. You must carry a valid passport and must have obtained appropriate visas when traveling with AN. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for the countries you are traveling to. AN will not be responsible in case you are refused entry to a country or places because you lack the correct visa documentation.
16. Booking with AN would mean that you understand that AN runs adventure trips, where accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, telecommunication facilities, level of infrastructure development and medical facilities are not the same that you are used to at home or generally expect to find on a conventional holiday. This type of holiday inherently involves a high level of personal risk, which you agree to fully assume.
17. You understand that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness in remote places without medical facilities, political instability and the forces of nature. You agree to assume all risks associated with the journey to the maximum extent permitted by Nepalese law.
18. You acknowledge that AN trips require a degree of flexibility and understand that the trip route, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances.
19. Should AN deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, it may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. These changes are binding and additional expenses will be charged to you if the reason for any alteration is outside AN's control.
20. While traveling with AN you agree to always accept the authority of the trip leader or local operator. You are aware that travel within a group may require you to compromise and/or accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of group members. You understand that AN reserves the right to decline, accept, or retain any person as a member of the group at any time.
21. You understand that AN contracts with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals, who assist us in the running of our tours, treks, walking, holidays & expeditions. To the best of AN's knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform their the duties they are entitled to by the contract. However AN shall not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behavior of any of these third parties.
22. AN will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
23. No employee, representative or agent of AN other then the head and/or director of AN holds the right to vary any of these conditions. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Government of Nepal.
24. Please read and understand precisely what the services are that are included as well as not included in the price you pay while booking with AN. Booking with AN would mean that you understand and agree to comply to them.
25. It is vital that those who have booked one of our packages talk about their medical problems or conditions with AN should there be any chronic and/or fatal health hazard. It is the responsibility in your part to consult to your physician regarding any vaccination and other medical issues prior to your departure. AN reserves the right to ask for a medical certificate of any of their clients.
26. AN shall not be liable for the compensation of any extra cost incurred during the trip due to flight and/or road trip cancellation or delay. AN, however, will do everything think within its reach to help you make an alternative arrangement in such cases whose costs shall be beard by you.
27. AN will be responsible to inform you should any emergency situation arise due to political and/or civil unrest as soon as we have the knowledge of such situations.
28. We try our best to ensure that the contents of the site are correct and up to date. We apologize for any incorrect information should there be any and expect you to tell us about those. We, however, cannot be held responsible for any unfortunate inaccuracies
29. These booking conditions may be waived only in special circumstances. A formal letter from the director of AN is essential for us to proceed with the waiving procedure.
30. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with AN shall be subject to and governed by, Nepalese law.
31. When making your booking with us you read and agree to the booking terms and conditions and sign to abide by them.